CKF works to improve how Coloradans access and retain affordable health coverage.
We accomplish this by supporting community-based organizations, bridging the experiences of community-based assisters with state agencies, and advocating for policy and systems improvements. The health coverage programs we focus on are Health First Colorado (Colorado’s Medicaid Program), Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+), and subsidized private insurance through Colorado’s state-based marketplace, Connect for Health Colorado.
- COLLABORATION: CKF connects and communicates proactively with its network members and other partners, working together to boost positive outcomes.
- DEPENDABILITY: CKF is persistent in addressing issues, and strives to be credible, effective, and thorough.
- OBJECTIVITY: CKF is a practical partner, approaching problems with curiosity, not judgement, and evaluating situations from a variety of perspectives.
- FLEXIBILITY: CKF recognizes that the needs of the community come first, and quickly adapts its focus to those needs.
- EQUITY: CKF strives to leverage its resources toward achieving equitable health outcomes for all Coloradans.