Since 2013, the Health Resources and Services Administration’s Bureau of Primary Health Care (BPHC) has provided over $3.1 million to support outreach and enrollment (O&E) work at Colorado’s federally qualified Community Health Centers (CHCs).
The Colorado Community Health Network (CCHN), Colorado’s primary care association for CHCs and the lead agency for CKF, also received funding from BPHC to support CHC O&E efforts. CCHN is leveraging the expertise and activities its CKF project to provide technical assistance and support to CHC O&E staff in their efforts to enroll uninsured patients and community members into health coverage.
This page includes resources and information specific to CHCs and their O&E efforts. For more information about CKF’s CHC O&E work, please contact CKF’s O&E Coordinator, Liz Tansey (email@example.com).
Federal Funding Information
- BPHC O&E Technical Assistance-important information on O&E program requirements for grantees, quarterly progress reporting, and resources are available on BPHC’s O&E technical assistance page.
- BPHC Primary Health Care Digest- To receive O&E updates and resources from BPHC sign up for the Primary Health Care Digest here.
The UDS Mapper is a mapping system that helps analyze the geographic extent of CHC population indicators. The UDS Uninsurance Explorer tool is an excellent resource for CHC O&E staff.
- Introduction to the system and other tools and tutorials: Tutorials
- Upcoming online training webinars: Webinar Trainings
CHCs and Outreach
- Health Centers Important Role in Outreach and Enrollment (Enroll America)
- Best Practices in Outreach and Enrollment for Health Centers (Enroll America)
- Connecting Kids to Coverage: Ten Things Health Centers Can Do (Kids Now!)
- Outreach and Enrollment Staff Performance Metrics (Michigan Primary Care Association)
CHC O&E Showcase Toolkit
- Step 1: Collect data and information:Showcase Reporting Template
- Step 2: Use tips and tricks to create a story:Showcase Builder
- Step 3: Showcase your O&E work:Showcase Template
CHC Specific Training Resources
- CCHN’s Training Calendar
- Community Health Association of Mountain/Plains States O&E Training Resources